Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoned Chicken Recipe #ShakeYourRanch

I keep it simple when I cook. And when I say simple, I mean that I almost never cook because pizza is just so easy to find these days.

Tonight we sat down for a real meal after being away for almost two weeks climbing volcanos, photographing waterfalls, petting sheep, and getting engaged. The food in Iceland did NOT appeal to my delicate palate, so a home-cooked meal was utterly necessary. Sadly, it turns out that I'm the only person who can cook in this house so that duty fell to me.



Here are the ingredients I used to craft this wife-worthy culinary masterpiece:

1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 bag Petit Gourmet French Beans
1/2 lb Whole Foods Corn & Arugula Salad

After gagging over the rawness of the fresh chicken breast (I prefer chicken to either be alive or already cooked tbh), I shook it up with some Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning and tossed it on the grill for about 15-20 minutes. We like it crunchy, obviously.

I microwaved the green beans in the bag, per the directions on the side, for 3 minutes. In an effort to show off my culinary prowess, I shook the hot green beans up with some Lawry salt and whole wheat breadcrumbs. I only burned two of my fingers before I finished.

Naturally, I did nothing to prepare the corn & arugula salad other than drive to Whole Foods and purchase it. If you've ever been to Whole Foods at 2p on a Monday in the summer, you should know damn well what kind of task this was. Why aren't any of these people at work? Beside the point.

Happy cooking peeps - hope you're wildly impressed by my ability to type up a record of what I ate.

xO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Long Last...

Grad School: A Guide for Beginners