How the Shoe Addiction Became So Real

We all laugh when someone says that they're a "shopaholic", but guess who doesn't? My boyfriend. I AM a shopaholic and I have a problem. I see something on clearance and I have the innate ability to immediately convince myself that I cannot live without it. The reason that I refer to this "ability" as "innate" is my MOTHER. She didn't give me a big booty or tons of money - but she did teach me to never pay full price.

This brings us to the Jessica Simpson shoes in today's post. These gorgeous magenta masterpieces found their home at DSW sometime last September and sat full price on a shelf, glaring at me. I ignored the advances, the side glances, and the 20% off signs. Until the very end of winter.

It was a Friday night. My boyfriend was at yet another hockey tournament, leaving me unsupervised and to my own devices. I had mostly forgotten about the flats, as there are many shoes that try to lure me into purchasing them full price. However, on this particular evening escapade to DSW, the magenta flats confronted me in the clearance section at a whopping 70% off. Tears brimming, I clutched the box close to me as I raced to the register. It didn't even fill me with my usual rage when the sales associate called on me as "the next shoe lover in line". I brought the Jessica's into my home, opened my closet to them, and it has been pretty colors, comfy feet, and compliments ever since.

You can find the Jessica Simpson Zenka Flat at DSW and Off Broadway Shoes, however the magenta color remains the White Buffalo of the collection. DSW does carry the exact same style (different brand) in the magenta for a limited time. You can find it here.

"I can take the next Shoe Lover over here!" - they're talking to you.

xo Chelsea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoned Chicken Recipe #ShakeYourRanch

At Long Last...

Grad School: A Guide for Beginners